Thursday, June 28, 2012

Laketon Elizabeth

I've had little Laketon in my mind for a while now. She reminds me of everything I grew up with in a little Dutch beach town in West Michigan. Seersucker in sky blue, lighthouse red accents, sunkissed blonde hair, and eyes the color of the great lakes. Ironically, the seersucker fabric used in her dress, was leftover from one of the many Dutch costumes I stitched up for my kids to wear at Tulip Festival, before we moved to the Southwest. I spent many a summer sailing on my grandparents restored boat, making sandcastles along the shore, clogging around in wooden shoes and a Dutch costume, and licking soft serve ice cream cones. Laketon reminds me of all these things, and is just the kind of doll I would have loved when I was little. Untitled-1

No comments:

Post a Comment