Sunday, July 1, 2012

A little break for the holiday.

life-102 Time to step away from my studio for a few days, rest, enjoy my children, escape the sweltering heat, and celebrate the upcoming holiday. I tend to prepare fairly simple meals when I'm sewing, and even more so in the summer. There is just no reason for the oven to be on in the middle of an Arizona afternoon. Lately we've had chicken salads, cucumber and avacado sandwiches on pumpernickel, and lots of fresh berries. This afternoon, the kids were craving something sweet, so my son and I whipped up this amazing fruit salad. We tossed together bluberries, apple slices, cantaloupe wedges, and we pitted some ripe cherries. Then we drizzled it with raw honey, and topped with a light dusting of dried lavender. It was HEAVEN. So simple, so delicious. So very summer. life-103

1 comment: